The majority of the personal data we collect is through our Box Office system, we also collect data to help us deliver and improve our services. This includes:
- Consent forms for people who participate in activities including filming and music recording, and for young people who need written permission from a parent or guardian.
- Activity evaluation forms that we use to review and improve the quality of our activities.
- Customer satisfaction surveys, to help us improve the services we offer to the public.
- Email lists so we can keep people updated with events and activities that may interest them.
- Communications (email, letters etc) with artists, creative practitioners and suppliers.
- Analytical data about website and social media users.
Much of this data is ‘anonymised’ and we only collect peoples’ names, contact details or other personal information if they ‘opt-in’, or if it’s a specific requirement.
Shetland Arts acts as both Data Controller and Data Processor in its capacity as a Box Office Provider. We currently collect the following personal data as part of our standard Box Office Operation.
- Customer Name
- Customer Address
- Contact Telephone
- Email Addresses
- Order History.
Under the terms of GDPR data can be collected and processed for a number of reasons. Shetland Arts collects and processes data under the following basis
Purchasing a ticket from Shetland Arts represents a contractual agreement between the customer and Shetland Arts. In these instances, we will collect the data required to allow us to fulfill the order. This includes the Customers name, (for identification purposes) and at least one contact method, to be used in cases of operational necessity (eg to contact customers in the event of cancellation or change relating to their booking). This can also include more detailed information, including access requirements, dietary requirements and emergency contacts, dependant on the event in question.
2. Legitimate Interest
Shetland Arts retains details of purchase history for business purposes, including sales projections and forecasts, sales and booking behaviour analysis.
Shetland Arts also performs specific processing activities (eg marketing emails) only with the express consent of the customer to do so.
At Shetland Arts we are committed to making it as straightforward for you to be in control of the data we might have on record about you:
- Everyone has the right to ask us if we have any data about them, and we’ll let them know as soon as we can.
- You can ask us to delete any data we have about you and we’ll make sure to do so. However, under Point 2. Legitimate Interest, your booking history will remain in tact under an anonymised account. Should you then wish to make another booking with Shetland Arts, you may be requested to re-supply their data under Point 1. Contract.
- You may also choose to book tickets for an event on the door using the Anonymous checkout function.
If you’d like us to do either of the above, please contact Wendy Tulloch in writing at Mareel, Lerwick, Shetland ZE1 0NE or through Wendy.Tulloch@Shetlandarts.org